2 minutes with...Nick Addy
Meet Nick Addy, Marketing Manager at Kings London.
1. What do you do at Kings?
I'm the Marketing Manager at Kings London.
2. How long have you worked at Kings and what did you do before?
This is my 10th year at Kings. Before that, I was a teacher at a small language school in south London.
3. What do you enjoy most about your job?
The fact that it brings me into contact with people from many different cultures, meaning every day is different.
4. What do you like most about London?
The enormous opportunities for culture in our capital city - music, art, international cuisine and stunning architecture. It’s a living museum!
5. Where is the best place you’ve visited?
If I had to choose one, it would be Bali in Indonesia: the happiest people I've met, living on a beautiful, peaceful island with a unique culture. If you’ve ever seen the monkey dance, you’ll know what I’m talking about.
6. What is the last book you read?
I'm currently reading a book called 'Permanent Present Tense'. It's about a man who lost the ability to form new memories after brain surgery and the huge contribution he made to our understanding of memory processes in the human brain.
7. What is your favourite film?
Impossible to answer! Lawrence of Arabia is pretty memorable - a historical epic with a majestic performance by Peter O'Toole, who sadly died recently.
8. Who would play you in a film of your life?
Good question! I've been told I look a bit like Simon Pegg, so probably him. Hopefully he would make it funny.
9. Which well-known figure would you most like to invite to dinner?
Most likely Nelson Mandela. I'd like to ask him what kept him going during his 27 years in prison.
10. What is your favourite quote?
I've always liked Oscar Wilde's "I can resist everything except temptation."