2 minutes with...Lexi Dyer
In the next of our two-minute staff interviews, we talk to Kings Bournemouth's Lexi Dyer.
1. What do you do at Kings?
I have just taken over as Welfare Manager at Kings Bournemouth. This means that if any students are ever feeling unhappy or homesick then they can come and talk to me and we will try and find a way to help them together.
2. How long have you worked at Kings and what did you do before?
I have worked at Kings for just over a year now. Before that I’d been working as an EFL teacher in a couple of other local schools.
3. What do you enjoy most about your job?
The students and spending time with so many different cultures. You learn something new every day here!
4. What do you like most about Bournemouth?
There’s so much to do in Bournemouth and it’s easy to get to most of England from here if you want to go and see a new town.
5. Where is the best place you’ve ever visited?
The Wieliczka Salt Mine in Poland.
6. What is the last book you read?
Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
7. What is your favourite film?
There’s far too many to choose just one!
8. Who would play you in a film of your life?
Well I’m a Natalie Portman fan so I hope she would.
9. Which well-known figure would you most like to invite to dinner?
Probably Tom Hiddleston because not only is he intelligent he’s also really good looking.
10. What is your favourite quote?
Harriet Tubman – ‘Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars and to change the world.’