2 minutes with...Laura Shepherdson
Academic Administrator at Kings Bournemouth Laura Shepherdson answers our 2-minute interview questions below!
1. What do you do at Kings?
I’m Academic Administrator and I am based on reception, so I deal with various student enquiries. During the summer I am Student Services Coordinator which means I help to plan activities and make sure students have the best time possible in Bournemouth!
2. How long have you worked at Kings and what did you do before?
I worked for the two summers of 2012 and 2013 before joining Kings full time in September 2013. Before Kings, I was studying for a BA in English Literature at UWE, Bristol – I graduated in 2013.
3. What do you enjoy most about your job?
The best thing about my job is the students! I love meeting new people and learning about various cultures.
4. What do you like most about Bournemouth?
My favourite thing about Bournemouth is the Dorset countryside – I love walking in the Purbecks and bodyboarding at Alum Chine!
5. Where is the best place you’ve ever visited?
I’ve been very lucky to travel to various places, but my favourite place is Cornwall – it’s not too far from Bournemouth and there’s always surf - I try to go to Cornwall at least once a year.
6. What is the last book you read?
The last book I read was The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath.
7. What is your favourite film?
There are so many! But, I never get bored of watching Pulp Fiction.
8. Who would play you in a film of your life?
I’ve been told Kate Winslet (I hope that’s flattering)!
9. Which well-known figure would you most like to invite to dinner?
Stephen Fry – he’s so clever!
10. What is your favourite quote?
‘Optimism is the foundation of courage.’