2 minutes with...Laura Dillon
Full-time English teacher at Kings Boston, Laura Dillon, shares her 2-minute interview below!
1. What do you do at Kings?
I am a full-time English teacher
2. How long have you worked at Kings and what did you do before?
I have worked at Kings Boston since March 2013. Before that I volunteered teaching in Israel for six months and taught English in China for two years.
3. What do you enjoy most about your job?
I love meeting people from other cultures. I also enjoy watching people from multiple different cultures come together and learn a common language; which, in turn, gives them a means to communicate and learn about each other’s cultures.
4. What do you like most about Boston?
It’s easy! Boston is very easy to navigate.
5. Where is the best place you’ve visited?
My favourite place in Boston is Newbury Street and Boylston Street, they are right next to each other and full of fun shopping and delicious restaurants.
6. What is the last book you read?
The Hunger Games.
7. What is your favourite film?
I don’t have a favourite film. I love all romantic-comedy movies.
8. Who would play you in a film of your life?
The main character, of course!
9. Which well-known figure would you most like to invite to dinner?
Steve Carrell (a comedian and actor).
10. What is your favourite quote?
“You can’t be everything you want to be before your time.” ~ Billy Joel