Reporting to: Residential Accommodation Manager
The Residence Warden position is live-in with room and board provided (location of meals may vary).
Reporting to the Residential Accommodation Manager, the Residence Warden role involves promoting and safeguarding the welfare of students living at the residences, student meet and greets, implementing residence rules and procedures, taking part in activities with the students, weekly checks and day-to-day running of the residences.
Emergency on call during working days and holiday/sick cover for the department.
Flexibility to move between residences for cover as and when required.
Energy, empathy and flexibility are essential, along with a good work ethic and proven reliability. You will be personable and approachable, with an authoritative yet friendly manner. The ability to work as part of a team whilst being capable of using initiative is required, with a willingness to organise and participate in extracurricular activities with the residence students. Satisfactory enhanced DBS check, references and employment history are required.
Kings Colleges is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- Similar live-in experience
- Experience of working with young adults in a supervisory role
- The ability to command attention and respect from young adults and more mature students
- Excellent communication skills
- Efficient organisational & admin skills
- Willingness to travel between residences
- Strong IT skills including competence with Microsoft Office and Internet research
- Will be required to use Kings Class & iSAMS databases (training will be provided)
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly and cope in stressful situations
- English native-speaker competence/Level of English equivalent to CEF Level C2
- Previous residential live-in role experience
- Experience of working with international students
- A First Aid or Health & Safety qualification
- Safeguarding training
- Knowledge of local area
- Additional language(s)
- Own car
For a full job description and an application form for these positions, please contact:
Residential Accommodation Manager
Tel: 01202 293535
58 Braidley Road
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interviews will be carried out as immediately with a view for the successful candidate to start as soon as possible.